Sunday 10 January 2010

Tidying up my desk.

blogging. where to begin? right now I guess is a good a place as any.

I am sitting at my desk in my little room looking at the two piles of papers, books and letters that I've been trying to organise for days. I hate how I seem to always have piles and piles of stuff just lying around. How does it happen? I should be more thankful that e-mail has been invented. If it wasn't for whoever created e-mail then I probably would have been killed in an avalanche of falling letters, notes, books and all kinds of junk mail that I somehow must have signed up for by becoming a teacher.

Anyway, that was completely off the point. Back to the two piles of work. I have managed to organise the work into two piles because, like my life, it seems to fit into one of two categories.

Pile one is Primary School Teacher pile. This pile has lesson planning, observation reports, assessment criteria and all the wonderful buzz words you can imagine. Fortunately, or unfortunately I love every geeky, stupid element of my job so I do quite like this pile. its making it hard to work out what to move off of the desk though.
Pile two is Church Worker, Kids Team Leader, Small Group Coordinator pile. I love all of this stuff too. Lists of people in LTG's, lists of those who want to be in one. Lists of email addresses and rotas filled with people who love Jesus and want to grow closer to him. I have three books half read buried in this pile also. Deep Church by Jim Belcher, The Great Revelation by Colin Urquhart and Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren. Damn, I can't get rid of any of this stuff either.

So, this also happens to be my predicament in life, not just what is taking up every square centimeter of my desk. How do I decide what to give up when I love both areas that absorb so much of my time? What's healthier? Limit an area of my life to let another flurish? Or keep going, having faith that God will move me into one direction?

There is a third pile on my desk. Its the smallest by far but certainly the most important. Its the place where my bible and prayer journal live. It also happens to be the place that holds the answer to my predicament.

Till next time.

2 comments:

  1. Yr not a bad wee writer Tom Tom!

    Aids

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy this very muchly babe! Keep writing! Really like the last 2 paragraphs! :)

    ReplyDelete